8/24/2009

Student Profile; Maggie Beeman

When I left home last Monday morning, I expected nothing more than the typical first day of school. Of course, it was CEGEP, and although it would be different from the rest of my education so far, it was still just school. You’ll understand my surprise when I found out I’d be sharing my first period English class for the next semester with none other than a superhero. Presenting the incredible Beeman, more commonly known as Maggie. She might be lesser know than the Supermans and Batmans of this world (obviously, that’s just because of her super stealth powers) but as my eighteen years of existence have taught me, you never pass up an interview with a superhero. Here’s what I learned.

Even a protector of the people like Maggie has goals in her life, as the rest of us regular folks do. She’d like to do well in school this year, in order to preserve her cover story of being a typical Canadian student. On a long-term basis, Beeman aspires to learn Spanish and then travel the world, stopping in Ireland and the United States to visit her relatives. She’d also secretly like to become my friend, but that’s another story. In her time off, Maggie enjoys meeting new people, listening to music and, as previously stated, travelling. Her interest in music led her to learn how to play the saxophone, one of many awesome skills our superhero has. Her talents also include working with special needs children. This came in handy when the incredible Beeman, whilst working in a summer camp, got lost in the woods with her group of children. Thankfully, and as every good story goes, she succeeded in getting everybody safely back and now considers this one of her top achievements (Marvel comics is considering making this their next comic book adventure).

As you can see, Maggie Beeman is a person well worth knowing, if only for bragging rights about befriending a crime-fighter (just kidding).

1 comment:

  1. Alexandra, Well done! You're a superhero yourself. Interesting text with a light, humorous style. Text organization is excellent. FB

    ReplyDelete